Tucson child found unharmed after being taken by unknown man
TUCSON, Ariz. — An Ambert Alert was canceled by Arizona authorities for a three-year-old boy in Tucson who had been taken by an unknown man late Monday.
Just after 1 a.m. a Tucson Police Department sergeant Tweeted the child had been found unharmed.
Police had been looking for a light blue 2008 Ford Focus with the license plate BZL 5110. It had last been seen heading west near the intersection of East Grant Road and North Mountain Avenue.
The mother and boy, Jonas Mejia, were abducted late Monday from a business. The boy was in the backseat of the car when his mother was forced into the car and driven away. The suspect slowed down for a fire engine and she jumped out. Her son was still in his carseat and the suspect drove away.
Initially, the suspect told the mother he was aware of the child in the car and would harm him if she didn’t cooperate. He then sexually assaulted her before forcing her into car.
The suspect, still outstanding, has been described as a white male, 6-feet tall, 40-50 years old with a wide build. He was wearing a black cloth jacket, black pants and a black hat. He had an odor of beer.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Tucson Police Department at 520-205-8844.
- Arizona officials work to ensure wildlife have water during drought
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this weekend
- McCain viewed more favorably among Arizona Dems than GOP, poll finds
- Has Republican Party been redefined under Trump? Sen. Jeff Flake says so
- Ex-high school teacher in western Arizona arrested in sex investigation