Light rain moving across Phoenix area could affect evening commute
PHOENIX — Light rain hit the Valley Monday afternoon just in time for rush hour.
The Flood Control District of Maricopa County reported that much of the northern part of the Valley earned .04 inches of rain, with Deer Valley even seeing .08 inches.
Within the last hour alone, areas as far south as Greenway Road received .04 inches of precipitation.
According to the National Weather Service, the rain is going to come down heavier leading into the night.
At least one daily forecast sees the Phoenix area getting hit with more weather Tuesday afternoon, and even marking a 90 percent chance of precipitation with thunderstorms on Wednesday.
- Arizona bill would fine residents for misrepresenting service animals
- Gov. Doug Ducey among keynote speakers for Phoenix Startup Week
- Arizona Snowbowl closed on President’s Day due to high winds
- Man fatally shot by officer at Scottsdale Fashion Square
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona stories from President’s Day weekend