Light rain moving across Phoenix area could affect evening commute
PHOENIX — Light rain hit the Valley Monday afternoon just in time for rush hour.
The Flood Control District of Maricopa County reported that much of the northern part of the Valley earned .04 inches of rain, with Deer Valley even seeing .08 inches.
Within the last hour alone, areas as far south as Greenway Road received .04 inches of precipitation.
According to the National Weather Service, the rain is going to come down heavier leading into the night.
At least one daily forecast sees the Phoenix area getting hit with more weather Tuesday afternoon, and even marking a 90 percent chance of precipitation with thunderstorms on Wednesday.
- Investigation finds former Arizona AG Tom Horne violated campaign laws
- Arizona among states most likely to switch parties in 2018 Senate election
- Latino high school graduation rate in Arizona on the rise
- Authorities make final arrest in death of Border Patrol agent in Arizona
- 9-year-old boy saves self, dog from Phoenix house fire