PHOENIX — Light rain hit the Valley Monday afternoon just in time for rush hour.
The Flood Control District of Maricopa County reported that much of the northern part of the Valley earned .04 inches of rain, with Deer Valley even seeing .08 inches.
Within the last hour alone, areas as far south as Greenway Road received .04 inches of precipitation.
According to the National Weather Service, the rain is going to come down heavier leading into the night.
At least one daily forecast sees the Phoenix area getting hit with more weather Tuesday afternoon, and even marking a 90 percent chance of precipitation with thunderstorms on Wednesday.
- Opinion: Four takeaways from Trump’s rally speech in Phoenix
- Watch as Phoenix firefighters reunite woman, dog after house fire
- Trump motorcade snarls morning traffic across Phoenix area
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Arizona sheriffs honor Flake for baseball shooting response