PHOENIX — A father and his two young children were reportedly killed over the weekend while flying home from a wedding in Arizona.
Deseret News said Randall “Randy” Wells and the children were scheduled to return to Sandy, Utah on Saturday night but the small plane they were in never arrived.
Iron County Sheriff Mark Gower said Wells’ plane was found Monday about 220 miles south of Salt Lake City.
Search teams from six counties spent Sunday looking for the single-engine plane after it went missing about 17 miles northwest of Pangtuich.
Wells’ wife, who is pregnant, did not go on the trip.
Wells was a bishop in Sandy.
- Chopper crash linked to white nationalist rally
- Phoenix street closed for hours after semi-truck crash spills jet fuel
- Two hurt as small plane crashes near airport in north part of Phoenix
- Fatal vehicle crash on light rail track causes delays near downtown Phoenix
- DPS: Wrong-way driver killed in wrecks on I-40 in Flagstaff