Father, two children reportedly killed flying home from wedding in Arizona
PHOENIX — A father and his two young children were reportedly killed over the weekend while flying home from a wedding in Arizona.
Deseret News said Randall “Randy” Wells and the children were scheduled to return to Sandy, Utah on Saturday night but the small plane they were in never arrived.
Iron County Sheriff Mark Gower said Wells’ plane was found Monday about 220 miles south of Salt Lake City.
Search teams from six counties spent Sunday looking for the single-engine plane after it went missing about 17 miles northwest of Pangtuich.
Wells’ wife, who is pregnant, did not go on the trip.
Wells was a bishop in Sandy.
- Two suffer life-threatening injuries after car crashes into pole in Glendale
- Self-driving Waymo car involved in a 5-vehicle crash in Mesa
- Chandler 911 operator killed in head-on crash in northern Arizona
- One dead after rollover crash on Loop 101 in Phoenix; lanes reopened
- 6-car morning crash closes stretch of US 60 eastbound in Mesa