Father, two children reportedly killed flying home from wedding in Arizona
PHOENIX — A father and his two young children were reportedly killed over the weekend while flying home from a wedding in Arizona.
Deseret News said Randall “Randy” Wells and the children were scheduled to return to Sandy, Utah on Saturday night but the small plane they were in never arrived.
Iron County Sheriff Mark Gower said Wells’ plane was found Monday about 220 miles south of Salt Lake City.
Search teams from six counties spent Sunday looking for the single-engine plane after it went missing about 17 miles northwest of Pangtuich.
Wells’ wife, who is pregnant, did not go on the trip.
Wells was a bishop in Sandy.
- Grand Canyon helicopter crash victim dies, 3 still critical
- Phoenix police officers, woman injured in rush hour crash
- Westbound US 60 reopened after crash forced morning commute closure
- Arizona DPS trooper injured in crash with impaired driver
- 4 survivors of Arizona helicopter crash still critical, authorities say