MCLEAN, Va. (AP) — A Virginia man is accused of biting another man’s face after making anti-Muslim slurs in a parking lot at a busy shopping mall late last year.
Fairfax County police say in a statement that 35-year-old Robin McGreer was arrested Monday and charged with bias-related malicious bodily injury.
Investigators say McGreer approached a 31-year-old man on Nov. 27 in the lot at Tysons Corner Center, started a conversation and threatened him with racial insults.
The two started fighting and police say McGreer bit the victim in the face before fleeing.
Police spokeswoman Megan Hawkins says the threats and slurs at issue were anti-Muslim. She says the delay between the incident and arrest was because of a thorough investigation.
Online records do not list an attorney for McGreer.
This story has been corrected to reflect that the name of the Virginia shopping mall is Tysons Corner Center, not Tyson Corner Center.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Arizona high court rules domestic violence testimony needs scrutiny
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally