NEW YORK (AP) — Fitness trainer and host of NBC’s “Biggest Loser” Bob Harper says he is recovering from a serious heart attack that left him unconscious for two days.
Harper tells TMZ he was working out in a gym in New York City this month when he collapsed. He says a doctor who also was in the gym performed CPR on him.
The 51-year-old Harper says he spent eight days in a New York hospital and has not yet been cleared to fly home to Los Angeles.
Harper has been a fixture on all 17 seasons of “The Biggest Loser.” He served as a trainer on the show from 2004 to 2015. He took over as host of the reality weight loss program last year.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix