ELIZABETHTOWN, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky jailer says six inmates have been treated at a hospital after apparently taking some kind of contraband.
Hardin County Jailer Danny Allen told news outlets that some of the inmates were initially found unresponsive on Sunday night, but he said all were responsive and combative by the time they were taken to a hospital.
He said officials are awaiting test results from the hospital to see what the inmates ingested.
Allen said all of the inmates had been returned to the jail by 1 a.m. Monday, and they could face additional charges.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Nations search for 10 missing sailors after USS John S. McCain collision