OSWEGO, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a man who struck and killed a 21-month-old who ran into the road in South Carolina was driving while intoxicated and had two children in his car.
Troopers said 51-year-old Kelvin Rembert was driving on a two-lane road about 15 miles south of Bishopville when the toddler who was playing in his yard ran into the street about 6 p.m. Sunday.
Rembert was charged with DUI and child endangerment. Troopers say no one in the car was injured.
Lee County Coroner Larry Logan told news outlets the boy killed was Kelsey Cooley.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny