ENGLEWOOD, Fla. (AP) — Florida sheriff’s deputies fatally shot a man during a domestic violence call.
Charlotte County Sheriff’s officials said in a news release that deputies responded to a home in Englewood just after 8 p.m. Sunday. An armed man confronted the deputies and was fatally shot.
The news release says Sheriff Bill Brummell planned to release a statement with additional details on Monday morning.
No further details were immediately available.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix