PHOENIX — Phoenix police say an alleged child abuse case in which a day care center worker was arrested has now led to the arrests of the center’s owner and its director.
Police say the owner of Brighter Angels Learning Center and a director for the center are accused of hindering prosecution and failing to accurately report an injury to law enforcement as required by law.
Police identified the owner as 51-yer-old Ruben Sandoval and the director as 26-year-old Perla Denise Sierra Duarte.
Police previously arrested a worker on suspicion of child abuse following an investigation into a Feb. 17 incident in which a boy suffered unspecified injuries when struck with a broom handle.
Efforts to reach Sandoval and Duarte for comment on the allegations were not immediately successful Saturday.
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix has openings for fire emergency dispatchers
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Grand Canyon University makes list of top 10 college campuses in country
- Andre the dog’s abuser yet to be found [REBROADCAST OF 12/3/2012]
- During rush hour, traffic matters in downtown Phoenix