Rep. Martha McSally to sing national anthem at U of A basketball game
PHOENIX — Rep. Martha McSally, who serves in the U.S. House of Representatives for Arizona’s second congressional district, is slated to sing the national anthem before the No. 4 Arizona Wildcats take on No. 5 UCLA on Saturday.
McSally, a Republican from Tucson, has been a Representative in the House for just over two years. Her district lies in southeastern Arizona and covers a significant portion of Tucson.
Prior to her election to the House, she served in the U.S. Air Force for 26 years. She retired as a Colonel and was the first woman in U.S. history to fly into combat. According to her website, she accrued 2,600 flight hours, including over 325 combat hours.
You can watch the game on ESPN. Tip-off is at 6:15 p.m.
- Three Arizona comic book stores among top 20 in nation
- Tempe Municipal Court judge arrested for allegedly stabbing wife 10 times
- Phoenix-area mayors ready to join forces to land Amazon headquarters
- Opinion: NFL national anthem protests pit Roger Goodell vs. Donald Trump
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas