NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A coroner says the autopsy of an inmate found dead in his New Orleans cell shows signs that he died of causes related to drugs or medication.
Orleans Parish Coroner Dr. Jeffrey Rouse said in a statement Friday that an autopsy of 23-year-old Colby Crawford showed “no physical signs of trauma.”
Rouse says full toxicological tests will be done to identify any substances present in Crawford’s system at the time he died.
Crawford was found unresponsive just after 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Information from: The New Orleans Advocate, http://www.neworleansadvocate.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny