PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) — The Florida Department of Law Enforcement says it has awarded $10,000 to the anonymous tipster who provided the location of fugitives suspected in the deaths of four women in a bloody rampage across three Southern states.
An agency news release says the reward was presented Friday.
The release says the tipster had just seen a Facebook post Feb. 7 about William Boyette and Mary Rice, as well as the vehicle they were driving. The tipster spotted the car and Rice at a convenience store and called authorities.
Boyette and Rice were eventually surrounded by SWAT officers at a hotel in West Point, Georgia. Boyette killed himself and Rice surrendered to authorities.
Rice faces multiple counts of murder in Florida and Alabama.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Arizona high court rules domestic violence testimony needs scrutiny
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally