ANDERSON, S.C. (AP) — Authorities in South Carolina say a father of five has been killed after a driver plowed into the bedroom of his home.
Anderson County Coroner Greg Shore tells local news outlets that 41-year-old Antonio Jacinto and one of his teenage children were asleep in a bedroom at around 11:15 p.m. Thursday.
South Carolina Highway Patrol Lance Cpl. Gary Miller says 19-year-old Austin Burdette’s SUV went off the road and hit a sign, a hydrant and went up an embankment before hitting the home.
Shore says Jacinto died of traumatic head injury.
Authorities say Jacinto’s wife was at work when the crash happened. Four other children in the home weren’t injured.
Burdette has been charged with felony DUI, and it wasn’t known if he had an attorney.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Nations search for 10 missing sailors after USS John S. McCain collision
- White House chief strategist Steve Bannon steps down
- Family: California man celebrating marriage killed in Spain