Arizona restaurant owners using essay contest to sell inn for $125
PHOENIX — “Have you always wanted to own your own restaurant, but didn’t know where to start? How to make it successful? How to afford it? Let us make your dream come true!”
This is how David and Dawn Bain are advertising their Sierra Vista restaurant, The Outside Inn. The couple is using an essay contest to determine who should own the inn next — for a low, low price of $125.
The couple wrote on their website that “with the help of a close personal friend and a small cash infusion, 23 years ago we moved our family to Sierra Vista” to open The Outside Inn.
“Now it is our turn to repay the favor that was offered to us so many years ago,” the website said.
The essay has to be less than 200 words, be typed and focus on “Why I would operate my own restaurant.” Applicants can turn their essay in until April 17 and must be sent in with the $125 essay fee.
- Plan will keep most of Arizona desert national monument open to shooters
- Phoenix-area luxury hotel recognized as one of best in southwest, nation
- Arizona shares a favorite fast food joint with many other states
- Estimated population of squirrel plummets after Arizona wildfire
- Jodi Arias appeal prolonged by transcript errors and omissions