MIDFIELD, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a 6-year-old boy was killed in the lobby of a dentist’s office when a Mercedes SUV smashed through the window.
Al.com reports (http://bit.ly/2mh983R ) that the crash happened around 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Vital Smiles in Midfield, a suburb of Birmingham.
Fire Chief L. Manning said the driver, who was not hurt, was trying to park and was struggling with the gearshift when the vehicle crashed through the window. Authorities said the kindergartner was pinned beneath the SUV and others were injured.
Manning tells WBRC-TV (http://bit.ly/2ldFATs ) that six people were taken to a hospital.
Police said there were 20 to 30 customers and employees in the building at the time.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast