NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A man accused of leaving a loaded gun by his side while sleeping on a couch has been charged in the death of a 2-year-old boy who was shot in the head in Tennessee.
Nashville police say 23-year-old Marlon Middlebrook was arrested Tuesday after being indicted on charges of criminally negligent homicide, reckless endangerment and evidence tampering.
Police said 2-year-old Kendall Pinkerton was shot in the Madison apartment on March 31, 2015 and died a day later. The statement says witnesses said Middlebrook had the gun before the shooting and tried to hide it afterward.
The statement didn’t say who fired the weapon, or why it took nearly two years to charge Middlebrook. It also wasn’t clear whether he has a lawyer.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast