Main Street Minute: UA opens research building in downtown Phoenix
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday at 7:27 a.m.
• University of Arizona College of Medicine is cutting the ribbon on a research building Thursday in downtown Phoenix near Seventh and Van Buren streets. The ribbon-cutting event of the 10-story, 245,000 square-foot biomedical sciences building runs from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m.
• Risas Dental and Braces has been offering free exams and X-rays for all children 17 and younger all month. Parents can make an appointment at any of Risas’ bilingual offices by calling 480-566-2930 or booking online. The free service ends Feb. 28.
• A career fair Thursday in north Phoenix lists dozens of jobs in assisted living, car rental and security positions. The event is at the Radisson Hotel Phoenix North at MetroCenter near Interstate 17 and Peoria Avenue.
- Bondsman tried to get Glendale teacher to not pay suspect’s bail
- Main Street Minute: Scottsdale pizza place to donate part of cookies sales
- Phoenix-area city ranked best in nation to buy family home
- Domestic violence foundation kicks off in honor of Phoenix-area girls’ deaths
- Poll shows Arizona split on support for President Trump