NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City landlord is accused of stabbing his tenant to death following an apparent dispute over unpaid rent.
Police responding to a 911 call of a person stabbed in front of a home in the Bronx Wednesday night found the tenant, 44-year-old Zakir Khan, with multiple stab wounds. Khan was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Police say Khan and his landlord, 51-year-old Taha Mahran, had been arguing over rent money.
Mahran has been charged with murder, manslaughter and criminal possession of a weapon. It’s unclear if he has an attorney who can comment on the charges.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast
- Pressured by government, Uber agrees to protect rider data
- Judge orders Arizona to pay Planned Parenthood’s legal fees