Interstate 17 closes at Peoria after pedestrian struck by vehicle
A car crash that killed a pedestrian closed southbound Interstate 17 for hours Tuesday night near Peoria Avenue, according to the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
The freeway was shut down after 9 p.m. and remained closed until the 4 a.m. hour Wednesday.
Southbound traffic was forced to exit the freeway at Peoria.
The pedestrian was alive at the scene and taken to a hospital but later succumbed to the injuries, DPS said. There were no other injuries reported.
- Rock removal to temporarily close part of Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
- Arizona DPS trooper injured in crash with impaired driver
- 4 survivors of Arizona helicopter crash still critical, authorities say
- Three die, four survive helicopter crash in the Grand Canyon
- Two Arizona DPS employees injured in I-17 crash; Suspect in custody