Interstate 17 closes at Peoria after pedestrian struck by vehicle
A car crash that killed a pedestrian closed southbound Interstate 17 for hours Tuesday night near Peoria Avenue, according to the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
The freeway was shut down after 9 p.m. and remained closed until the 4 a.m. hour Wednesday.
Southbound traffic was forced to exit the freeway at Peoria.
The pedestrian was alive at the scene and taken to a hospital but later succumbed to the injuries, DPS said. There were no other injuries reported.
- Woman claims Peoria Walgreens wouldn’t fill miscarriage prescription
- Two suffer life-threatening injuries after car crashes into pole in Glendale
- Self-driving Waymo car involved in a 5-vehicle crash in Mesa
- Chandler 911 operator killed in head-on crash in northern Arizona
- FBI, Peoria police arrest suspect in 4 Phoenix-area bank robberies