CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — Police in Charleston are looking for a suspect with expensive taste.
A police report says surveillance video shows a man walking into the local Gucci Store on Feb. 17 carrying what looks like a cane and heading straight to a yellow crocodile skin purse with a horseshoe design and a bamboo handle.
According to the report, the video shows the suspect using the cane to knock the purse onto the floor and behind a display case. Shortly afterward, he is seen going back to where the purse fell, picking it up and stuffing it under his shirt before walking out.
The report says the purse is valued at $24,000, but was not for sale.
The Post and Courier http://bit.ly/2m5dmi6 reports that two accomplices distracted employees as the man made off with the purse.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast