TEXARKANA, Ark. (AP) — Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a 12-year-old boy at a home in southwestern Arkansas.
Texarkana Police Department spokeswoman Kristi Bennett says officers found the boy suffering from a gunshot wound Saturday afternoon at the home in the city bordering Texas.
Bennett tells the Texarkana Gazette (http://bit.ly/2kHmnxg ) that the boy was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Bennett says investigators are working to determine what led to the fatal shooting. She says other children and adults were at the home when the shooting occurred.
Information from: Texarkana Gazette, http://www.texarkanagazette.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Arizona high court rules domestic violence testimony needs scrutiny
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast
- Pressured by government, Uber agrees to protect rider data