Couple found dead inside Phoenix home, four children uninjured
PHOENIX — Police have identified the man and woman who were found dead in a Phoenix home on Monday after four children said the couple had been arguing.
Police said the victim is 33-year-old Iveth Susana Chavez and the suspect is 34-year-old Oliver Olague-Acosta.
The children were unharmed. One of them called police during the late Monday fight between their mother and stepfather in a house near 63rd Avenue and Lower Buckeye Road.
Police said one of the children told them there had been at least one gunshot.
Authorities said Olague-Acosta was the biological father of two of the children and stepfather to the other two.
Police say their investigation is continuing. No others details were immediately released Tuesday.
The children weren’t injured and were placed with local family members.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona stories from President’s Day weekend
- Mark Kelly calls for gun control legislation after Florida shooting
- Meghan McCain shares photo of Sen. John McCain at Arizona home
- Storm expected to slam Arizona high country with strong wind
- Arizona landmarks make list of must-see attractions in North America