PHOENIX — Police have identified the man and woman who were found dead in a Phoenix home on Monday after four children said the couple had been arguing.
Police said the victim is 33-year-old Iveth Susana Chavez and the suspect is 34-year-old Oliver Olague-Acosta.
The children were unharmed. One of them called police during the late Monday fight between their mother and stepfather in a house near 63rd Avenue and Lower Buckeye Road.
Police said one of the children told them there had been at least one gunshot.
Authorities said Olague-Acosta was the biological father of two of the children and stepfather to the other two.
Police say their investigation is continuing. No others details were immediately released Tuesday.
The children weren’t injured and were placed with local family members.
- Opinion: Four takeaways from Trump’s rally speech in Phoenix
- Watch as Phoenix firefighters reunite woman, dog after house fire
- Trump motorcade snarls morning traffic across Phoenix area
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Arizona sheriffs honor Flake for baseball shooting response