Gift bags for Oscar nominees include vacations, lip balm
It’s a rough life for Oscar nominees, who receive a gift bag with goods ranging from lip balm to stays in Italy.
As described in a list published by Business Insider, nominees at the Academy Awards on Feb. 26 will receive an assortment of gifts, collected and presented by an independent marketing company each year for the past 15 years. Each bag has more than $100,000 worth of gifts.
The gifts include complimentary stays in five different locations: Northern California, Hawaii, Southern California and two different stays in Italy — all in either a mansion, a suite or resort.
Smaller, more curious gifts include Chapstick lip balm, Opal apples and a 64-count box of Crayola Crayons.
There’s also jewelry, a handbag, a box of motivational quotes, a smart-home kit and a custom wardrobe, among other items.
Apparently, being an Oscar nominee earns you more than prestige.
- California residents fleeing to Phoenix, Tucson for jobs, website says
- Could mandatory new home solar soon happen in Arizona?
- How valuable is Arizona? Experts estimate cost of states in U.S.
- Pizza Hut expands beer delivery service to more Arizona cities
- Ex-policeman charged with decades-old serial killings