Gift bags for Oscar nominees include vacations, lip balm
It’s a rough life for Oscar nominees, who receive a gift bag with goods ranging from lip balm to stays in Italy.
As described in a list published by Business Insider, nominees at the Academy Awards on Feb. 26 will receive an assortment of gifts, collected and presented by an independent marketing company each year for the past 15 years. Each bag has more than $100,000 worth of gifts.
The gifts include complimentary stays in five different locations: Northern California, Hawaii, Southern California and two different stays in Italy — all in either a mansion, a suite or resort.
Smaller, more curious gifts include Chapstick lip balm, Opal apples and a 64-count box of Crayola Crayons.
There’s also jewelry, a handbag, a box of motivational quotes, a smart-home kit and a custom wardrobe, among other items.
Apparently, being an Oscar nominee earns you more than prestige.
- Phoenix-based marijuana company plans to turn town into pot resort
- Apple unveils $999 iPhone X, loses ‘home’ button
- Suspected kidnapping victim spotted in Arizona has been found in Nevada
- Kidnapping victim from California spotted in Phoenix area
- 2 weeks after cancer treatment, Sen. McCain heads to Italy for forum