Main Street Minute: Ottawa University opening a Phoenix-area campus this fall
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday at 7:27 a.m.
• Ottawa University is expanding its presence in the Valley. The university will open a new residential campus in Surprise this fall and aims to enroll 250 students in its first semester. The non-profit, Christian university has been operating in Arizona since 1977.
• A Phoenix attorney just provided a big boost to victims of child abuse. Patrick McGrody recently donated a 1970 Chevorlet Camaro Z-28, which sold at Scottsdale’s Barrett-Jackson auto auction for $130,000. The money is going to Childhelp, a non-profit charity that is dedicated to helping victims of child abuse and neglect and at-risk kids.
• Americans are expected to spend more money at the register this year. The National Retail Federation projects retail sales will grow about four percent in 2017. However, this does not include car, gas or restaurant sales.
- Olympian Michael Phelps lists Scottsdale-area home for $4.1 million
- Scottsdale tops list as the best city in America for renters
- Arizona MMA fighter pleads guilty to sexual assault of unconscious woman
- Arizona gas prices appear to be leveling off after months-long increase
- Burglary investigated at site of double-murder in Phoenix-area killing spree