Main Street Minute: Job hunters will have lots of choices at Phoenix hiring fair
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• More than three dozen employers are interviewing job seekers Monday in Phoenix. The U.S. Army, Discount Ride, Nextiva and Aramark are among the companies hiring for a combined 3,000-plus openings from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. The job fair is at the Phoenix Hilton Hotel near 48th Street and University Drive.
• A San Diego-based tech company has opened up an office in Scottsdale. Ingenu’s 13,000-square-foot facility is near Pima and Bell roads. The innovative tech company plans to hire over two dozen workers.
• Another hotel is being built in downtown Phoenix. According to the Phoenix Business Journal, a Hampton Inn and Suites is under construction near Central Avenue and Polk Street. That’s pretty close to the Arizona State Downtown campus. The 11-story, 210-room hotel is expected to be finished next year.
- Three Arizona comic book stores among top 20 in nation
- Tempe Municipal Court judge arrested for allegedly stabbing wife 10 times
- Phoenix-area mayors ready to join forces to land Amazon headquarters
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Main Street Minute: Big-name companies set to attend Phoenix job fair