Main Street Minute: Job hunters will have lots of choices at Phoenix hiring fair
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• More than three dozen employers are interviewing job seekers Monday in Phoenix. The U.S. Army, Discount Ride, Nextiva and Aramark are among the companies hiring for a combined 3,000-plus openings from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. The job fair is at the Phoenix Hilton Hotel near 48th Street and University Drive.
• A San Diego-based tech company has opened up an office in Scottsdale. Ingenu’s 13,000-square-foot facility is near Pima and Bell roads. The innovative tech company plans to hire over two dozen workers.
• Another hotel is being built in downtown Phoenix. According to the Phoenix Business Journal, a Hampton Inn and Suites is under construction near Central Avenue and Polk Street. That’s pretty close to the Arizona State Downtown campus. The 11-story, 210-room hotel is expected to be finished next year.
- $370,000 worth of meth seized in Arizona border drug busts
- Arizona attorney general appealing dismissal of university tuition lawsuit
- CVS Pharmacy expands efforts to combat opioid abuse in Arizona
- Border Patrol rescues young Costa Rican boy in Arizona
- Phoenix City Council votes to look at other designs for light-rail expansion