If you plan on making a drive at night on a Valley freeway this week, there are some restrictions that will affect your travels.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced several nighttime restrictions across several Valley freeways.
For the week of Feb. 12-17, restrictions will be in place on Interstate 10, I-17 and U.S. 60 at night. The full list of restrictions, including recommended detours, is below:
• Eastbound Interstate 10 will be closed between 48th Street and Broadway Road from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for traffic-flow sensor installation. Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 32nd and 40th streets also closed. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes including eastbound Loop 202 to southbound Loop 101 and westbound Loop 202 to connect with eastbound I-10.
• Interstate 17 will be narrowed to two lanes in both directions overnight in areas between 19th Avenue and Adams Street from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights (Feb. 12-16) for construction. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time, consider alternate routes and use caution in work zones.
• Eastbound U.S. 60 closed between McClintock Drive and Loop 101 in Tempe from 10 p.m. Monday to 5 a.m. Tuesday for graffiti-removal work. DETOUR: Consider exiting the freeway ahead of the closure and using eastbound Baseline Road or Southern Avenue before returning to U.S. 60 at Dobson Road.
• Eastbound U.S. 60 closed between Gilbert Road and Val Vista Drive from 9 p.m. Tuesday to 5 a.m. Wednesday for traffic-flow detector installation. Eastbound US 60 on-ramps at Mesa and Stapley drives also closed. DETOUR: Consider exiting eastbound U.S. 60 ahead of closure and using Baseline Road or Southern Avenue to Val Vista Drive.
• Eastbound U.S. 60 closed at Val Vista Drive from 9 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday for traffic-flow sensor installation. Eastbound US 60 on-ramps at Stapley Drive and Gilbert Road also closed. DETOUR: Eastbound US 60 traffic will detour along the off- and on-ramps at Val Vista Drive.