Get your lightsabers: Disneyland to open ‘Star Wars’ attraction in 2019
The “Happiest Place on Earth” just got a little bit happier for fans of the classic movie series “Star Wars.”
Disneyland announced its plan Tuesday to open a “Star Wars” -themed land in 2019, according to the Disney Parks blog.
The new project will include several attractions, including one that allows visitors to “step aboard The Millennium Falcon and actually pilot the fastest ship in the galaxy, steering the vessel through space, firing the laser cannons, in complete control of the experience.”
Groundbreaking for the project began in April 2016 and will be housed on 14-acres of land.
- Sens. McCain, Flake propose budget amendment for wildfire funding
- Phoenix woman sentenced for framing husband’s ex as stalker
- Officials reviewing proposals for new Granite Mountain Hotshots memorial
- YouTube video shows how firefighters battle deadly California wildfires
- Man arrested in Arizona home for murder of ex-wife in California