Get your lightsabers: Disneyland to open ‘Star Wars’ attraction in 2019
The “Happiest Place on Earth” just got a little bit happier for fans of the classic movie series “Star Wars.”
Disneyland announced its plan Tuesday to open a “Star Wars” -themed land in 2019, according to the Disney Parks blog.
The new project will include several attractions, including one that allows visitors to “step aboard The Millennium Falcon and actually pilot the fastest ship in the galaxy, steering the vessel through space, firing the laser cannons, in complete control of the experience.”
Groundbreaking for the project began in April 2016 and will be housed on 14-acres of land.
- Who is Black Panther? A guide to Marvel’s first black superhero
- Disneyland, Disney World raising prices — here’s what you’ll pay
- New ‘Star Wars’ films to be written, produced by ‘Game of Thrones’ duo
- Here is the first plot synopsis for upcoming ‘Solo’ Star Wars film
- Abuse in house of torture was ‘severe, pervasive, prolonged’