‘Space capsule’ found along I-10 outside Phoenix causes stir
PHOENIX — It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s a … cement truck drum?
An artist turned an old cement truck drum into a realistic space capsule along Interstate 10 outside Casa Grande on Monday, causing drivers and law enforcement alike to do a double take.
Arizona Department of Public Safety tweeted a photo of the capsule early Monday morning, saying it “caused quite the stir.”
Artist Jack Millard is the man behind the madness, according to 12 News. Millard’s representatives told 12 News that he “installed the piece” on a rancher’s private property Sunday — with permission.
Millard even added a vintage parachute to “add to the illusion of authenticity,” 12 News reported.
The calls to law enforcement starting rolling in soon after, causing the department to check everything out. But no worries, no aliens have been spotted — yet.
- Milwaukee Brewers release renovation plans for spring Phoenix home
- Phoenix police officers, woman injured in rush hour crash
- St. Mary’s high school in Phoenix cancels classes due to alleged threat
- Phoenix leaders deny petition to block city spending on more Trump events
- Thousands to march on Arizona’s capitol in response to Florida shooting