‘Space capsule’ found along I-10 outside Phoenix causes stir
PHOENIX — It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s a … cement truck drum?
An artist turned an old cement truck drum into a realistic space capsule along Interstate 10 outside Casa Grande on Monday, causing drivers and law enforcement alike to do a double take.
Arizona Department of Public Safety tweeted a photo of the capsule early Monday morning, saying it “caused quite the stir.”
Artist Jack Millard is the man behind the madness, according to 12 News. Millard’s representatives told 12 News that he “installed the piece” on a rancher’s private property Sunday — with permission.
Millard even added a vintage parachute to “add to the illusion of authenticity,” 12 News reported.
The calls to law enforcement starting rolling in soon after, causing the department to check everything out. But no worries, no aliens have been spotted — yet.
- Two Fry’s employees in Arizona help customer avoid SRP scam
- U2 returns to Arizona for 30th anniversary ‘Joshua Tree’ concert
- Arizona prosecutor outlines case as Morris twins’ assault trial begins
- Art of Ice Cream Experience coming to Scottsdale in November
- Chinese community in Phoenix is fighting back for its cultural center