Wrong-way driver collides with car, 2 hurt on Phoenix freeway
PHOENIX — Two people were injured when a wrong-way driver crashed into them on a Phoenix freeway early Monday morning. The driver managed to get away.
The accident on State Route 51 near Thomas Road shut down the left and middle lanes for an hour or so. The wrong-way driver was heading south against traffic around 5 a.m.
Arizona Department of Public Safety Trooper Kameron Lee said the driver hit an SUV around Camelback Road. The occupants of the SUV suffered minor injuries.
Authorities said the suspect’s vehicle, a sedan, was either silver or gray that would have front-end and passenger-door damage.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Arizona teachers make final push for Invest in Ed measure
- Arizona’s prisons boss found in contempt over inmate care
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- Abrazo microhospital construction underway in Mesa
- 800-pound chunk of USS Arizona heading to Texas war memorial