Wrong-way driver collides with car, 2 hurt on Phoenix freeway
PHOENIX — Two people were injured when a wrong-way driver crashed into them on a Phoenix freeway early Monday morning. The driver managed to get away.
The accident on State Route 51 near Thomas Road shut down the left and middle lanes for an hour or so. The wrong-way driver was heading south against traffic around 5 a.m.
Arizona Department of Public Safety Trooper Kameron Lee said the driver hit an SUV around Camelback Road. The occupants of the SUV suffered minor injuries.
Authorities said the suspect’s vehicle, a sedan, was either silver or gray that would have front-end and passenger-door damage.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Book tells stories of retired numbers of Arizona high school athletes
- Brews and views: Thrillist names the Phoenix area’s best rooftop bars
- New book explores retired numbers of Arizona high school athletes
- Sen. John McCain reflects on brain cancer diagnosis on ’60 Minutes’