PHOENIX — Two people were injured when a wrong-way driver crashed into them on a Phoenix freeway early Monday morning. The driver managed to get away.
The accident on State Route 51 near Thomas Road shut down the left and middle lanes for an hour or so. The wrong-way driver was heading south against traffic around 5 a.m.
Arizona Department of Public Safety Trooper Kameron Lee said the driver hit an SUV around Camelback Road. The occupants of the SUV suffered minor injuries.
Authorities said the suspect’s vehicle, a sedan, was either silver or gray that would have front-end and passenger-door damage.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Phoenix police shoot suspect armed with knife approaching them
- Chase Field dispute between D-backs, county heading to arbitration
- Arizona members of US Congress ask president not to pardon Arpaio
- Confederate monument along Arizona highway damaged overnight
- Country music star Shania Twain bringing ‘Now’ tour to Phoenix