Parts of U.S. 60, Loop 101 to be closed Sunday-Wednesday nights
PHOENIX — Westbound U.S. 60 and northbound Loop 101 will be closed to drivers at various times at night starting Super Bowl Sunday and ending Wednesday morning.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said traffic flow sensor installations will close westbound U.S. 60 between Priest Drive and Interstate 10 from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday. They will be closed the same hours from Monday night to Tuesday morning and then Tuesday night to Wednesday morning.
Westbound U.S. 60 traffic exiting at Priest can use Baseline or Broadway to reach the I-10.
The westbound on-ramps at Rural Road and Mill Avenue will also be closed during the same hours.
Additionally, maintenance will cuase northbound Loop 101 to be closed between U.S. 60 and Rio Salado Parkway from 11 p.m. Monday to 3 a.m. Tuesday morning. That will close the U.S. 60 ramp going northbound to Loop 101 as well.
Traffic heading northbound on Loop 101 can exit at Baseline Road and use the frontage road to reach Rio Salado Parkway. Drivers can access the Loop 202 through McClintock Drive or Dobson Road.
- 4 injured in wrong-way wreck, related crash on Loop 101 in Mesa
- Wreck on Loop 101 North in Tempe nearly brings traffic to standstill
- Here are the Phoenix-area highway restrictions for Jan. 19 weekend
- Southbound Loop 101 ramps to Loop 202 to be closed overnight
- Loop 101 in Scottsdale reopens in both directions after series of crashes