PHOENIX — A new “fin-tastic” exhibit is coming to the Sea Life Aquarium in Tempe.
The exhibit will give families and kids a chance to learn about sea creatures from around the world.
Elizabeth Mathews, who heads the aquarium’s marketing team, said the exhibit will involve an interactive Colorado River.
“It’s going to take guests on a journey from the Colorado River Mountains all the way into the Sea of Cortez,” she said. “Guests will be able to pump, twist and turn their water along the way.”
Construction for the $1 million project will start on Feb. 17 and is set to open this spring.
“The main idea surrounding it (the exhibit) is to teach kids about conservation efforts here locally, how those efforts help protect our rivers and ultimately the ocean,” Mathews said.
- Food trucks are coming to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
- Stingray bites Phoenix-area boy on hand at Arizona zoo
- Southwest’s largest aquarium to open in Scottsdale over Labor Day weekend
- Phoenix-area OdySea Aquarium to open in July, will be largest aquarium in Southwest
- Watch mother attend to baby sea otter in Monterey tide pool