Few freeway restrictions in place for Super Bowl weekend in the Phoenix area
PHOENIX — Valley drivers should expect the roads to be clear for this upcoming weekend, meaning there isn’t any risk being late to getting those wings for the Super Bowl.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced scheduled freeway closures for the weekend of Feb. 3-6 in the Phoenix area.
Here’s what drivers should plan for:
- Eastbound U.S. 60 will be closed at Country Club Drive from 10 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday for traffic-flow detector installation. The on-ramps at Dobson and Alma School roads will also be closed at the same time. EB U.S. 60 will be closed at Mesa Drive from 10 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday for traffic-flow detector installation, as well. The on-ramps at Alma School Road and Country Club Drive will be closed at the same time.
- Northbound/eastbound Loop 303 will be closed intermittently between U.S. 60 and El Mirage Road from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday for commercial filming. Closures could last up to 20 minutes.
For additional freeway-restriction information this weekend, click here.
- Three Arizona restaurants make Yelp’s top-100 places to eat list
- Two Scottsdale resorts added to Triple-A’s diamond-listed hotels
- ASU, UA among top universities for Peace Corps volunteers
- Gun control bills stall in Arizona Legislature following Florida shooting
- At least 523 flu-related deaths in Arizona this season, officials say