Main Street Minute: Arizona water park hiring 500 seasonal workers
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The Wet N’ Wild Phoenix water park will start its 2017 season on March 18. The park is hiring 500 seasonal staff and management positions over the next two months. Positions available range from lifeguards, food and beverage staff, cashiers, security, EMTs, cooks and supervisors.
• The Department of Economic Security is holding a nontraditional job fair on Thursday at its office near 51st Avenue and Van Buren Street. Job seekers will use videos and presentation boards that feature their work experience and skills to hiring managers. The reverse job fair runs from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m.
• A Canadian-based jeweler is opening up its third U.S. location in Scottsdale next Wednesday, according to Phoenix Business Journal. Spence Diamonds is hiring a store manager, full-time concierge and sales consultant.
- Federal plan could add food stamp work requirement in Arizona
- Students say more guns, police officers on campus is not the answer
- New cannabis company offers delivery to Arizona, California dispensaries
- Snowfall closes major eastbound freeway in northern Arizona
- Three Arizona restaurants make Yelp’s top-100 places to eat list