Contractor killed in accident at Air Force base
Officials at a military base in southern New Mexico said one person was killed and another was injured in a training accident involving two F-16s.
A civilian contractor died Tuesday night. The injured service member was released from a hospital after treatment.
The jets, stationed at Holloman Air Force Base, belonged to the 56th Fighter Wing that is headquartered at Luke Air Force Base in Glendale, Arizona.
A statement from the base said the jets had used unspecified air-to-ground munitions at Red Rio Range, part of the White Sands Missile Range complex.
The accident was under investigation.
No other information was available.
- Three Arizona restaurants make Yelp’s top-100 places to eat list
- Two Scottsdale resorts added to Triple-A’s diamond-listed hotels
- ASU, UA among top universities for Peace Corps volunteers
- Gun control bills stall in Arizona Legislature following Florida shooting
- At least 523 flu-related deaths in Arizona this season, officials say