Contractor killed in accident at Air Force base
Officials at a military base in southern New Mexico said one person was killed and another was injured in a training accident involving two F-16s.
A civilian contractor died Tuesday night. The injured service member was released from a hospital after treatment.
The jets, stationed at Holloman Air Force Base, belonged to the 56th Fighter Wing that is headquartered at Luke Air Force Base in Glendale, Arizona.
A statement from the base said the jets had used unspecified air-to-ground munitions at Red Rio Range, part of the White Sands Missile Range complex.
The accident was under investigation.
No other information was available.
- Three Arizona comic book stores among top 20 in nation
- Tempe Municipal Court judge arrested for allegedly stabbing wife 10 times
- Phoenix-area mayors ready to join forces to land Amazon headquarters
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Book tells stories of retired numbers of Arizona high school athletes