Officials at a military base in southern New Mexico said one person was killed and another was injured in a training accident involving two F-16s.
A civilian contractor died Tuesday night. The injured service member was released from a hospital after treatment.
The jets, stationed at Holloman Air Force Base, belonged to the 56th Fighter Wing that is headquartered at Luke Air Force Base in Glendale, Arizona.
A statement from the base said the jets had used unspecified air-to-ground munitions at Red Rio Range, part of the White Sands Missile Range complex.
The accident was under investigation.
No other information was available.
- President Donald Trump to visit Yuma on Tuesday
- ASU bringing Amazon’s ‘Alexa’ into classes, new dorm
- Tempe’s Carvana ranked top-50 in America’s fastest-growing companies
- Arizona Rep. Trent Franks believes Trump will pardon Arpaio, supports it
- Phoenix’s main library will be shut down for nearly a year