Contractor killed in accident at Air Force base
Officials at a military base in southern New Mexico said one person was killed and another was injured in a training accident involving two F-16s.
A civilian contractor died Tuesday night. The injured service member was released from a hospital after treatment.
The jets, stationed at Holloman Air Force Base, belonged to the 56th Fighter Wing that is headquartered at Luke Air Force Base in Glendale, Arizona.
A statement from the base said the jets had used unspecified air-to-ground munitions at Red Rio Range, part of the White Sands Missile Range complex.
The accident was under investigation.
No other information was available.
- MCSO investigating human remains found at Phoenix-area business
- Arpaio claims Justice Department meddled in 2016 campaign for sheriff
- $370,000 worth of meth seized in Arizona border drug busts
- Arizona attorney general appealing dismissal of university tuition lawsuit
- CVS Pharmacy expands efforts to combat opioid abuse in Arizona