Main Street Minute: Phoenix grocery store celebrates remodel, reopening
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Food City opened the doors of its remodeled store at 44th Street and McDowell Road early Wednesday morning with a celebration that included prizes and mariachi singers. The first 300 shoppers who purchase groceries received a free bag loaded with groceries and goodies. Improvements at the Phoenix store included an updated meat department, expanded frozen food aisle and a bigger adult-beverage section.
• More than a dozen companies are taking part in a career fair Wednesday near Sky Harbor Airport. The event runs from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Hilton Phoenix Airport near 48th Street and University Drive. Hiring managers from law firms, resorts and Maricopa County will be on hand to interview potential candidates.
• Chase has more than 300 openings to fill at a daylong job fair Wednesday in Tempe. The financial institution is hiring for customer service, collections, merchant services and new client engagement. The event runs from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. at the bank’s operations center Mill Avenue and University Drive.
- Celebrate National Donut Day with the Valley’s most drool-inducing treats
- Arizona effort to tax rich draws concerns from business advocates
- Arizona Chamber explores business opportunities in Israel
- Thousands of Arizona businesses still haven’t renewed sales tax license
- Lights festival outside of Phoenix to begin after being postponed in October