KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Food City opened the doors of its remodeled store at 44th Street and McDowell Road early Wednesday morning with a celebration that included prizes and mariachi singers. The first 300 shoppers who purchase groceries received a free bag loaded with groceries and goodies. Improvements at the Phoenix store included an updated meat department, expanded frozen food aisle and a bigger adult-beverage section.
• More than a dozen companies are taking part in a career fair Wednesday near Sky Harbor Airport. The event runs from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Hilton Phoenix Airport near 48th Street and University Drive. Hiring managers from law firms, resorts and Maricopa County will be on hand to interview potential candidates.
• Chase has more than 300 openings to fill at a daylong job fair Wednesday in Tempe. The financial institution is hiring for customer service, collections, merchant services and new client engagement. The event runs from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. at the bank’s operations center Mill Avenue and University Drive.
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix tech firm buys manufacturing company
- Report: Pei Wei could move headquarters out of Arizona
- Main Street Minute: Amazing Jake’s to get makeover, name change
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix has openings for fire emergency dispatchers
- Main Street Minute: Barbecue spot to open in downtown Phoenix