Phoenix park going to cats and dogs on Saturday for adoption celebration, festival
PHOENIX — A park near downtown Phoenix will be taken over by cats and dogs on Saturday for the annual Doggie Street Festival.
The festival will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Steele Indian School Park, located near Central Avenue and Indian School Road.
The main focus of Saturday’s event is to find a home for cats and dogs. According to its website, the Doggie Street Festival said it also wants to raise awareness of the number of animals in shelters and educate pet owners or those who are thinking of bringing an animal into their home.
A slew of animal rescue groups will be in attendance.
In addition to the adoption drive, the festival will feature food vendors, a special kids area, live music and plenty of pet-related items.
Entry to the festival is free. Dogs are welcome as well.
If you can’t make it on Saturday but want to help fund the festival, donations are accepted online.
- Phoenix ranked among most affordable travel destinations in US
- Phoenix ISM Raceway dropped from IndyCar’s 2019 schedule
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- ‘What the Fluff’ challenge makes us all magicians in the eyes of our dogs