Main Street Minute: Bank volunteers to spruce up Phoenix community center
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• More than 200 volunteers from Chase Bank will help out at the Phoenix Chicanos Por La Causa Community Center with its to-do list on Saturday. Volunteers will do some painting, cleaning and organizing from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 32nd Avenue and Van Buren Street.
• A West Valley high school will open in 2018 near Litchfield and Thomas roads in Avondale. The Phoenix Business Journal reports that the $23 million St. John Paul II Catholic High School will initially hire 20-25 faculty and staff and house 600 students.
• The Kyrene School District is holding a job fair Friday for any current or soon-to-be certified teachers. The fair will be at the district office near Kyrene and Warner roads in Tempe from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Scottsdale’s Beat the Heat race to return in June after five-year hiatus
- Phoenix high school student arrested for bringing loaded gun on campus
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over President’s Day weekend