Queen, Adam Lambert to open upcoming tour with stop in Phoenix area
PHOENIX — If you happen to find yourself in the Phoenix area this summer and want to see one of the most legendary rock bands of all time, you’re in luck.
Queen announced Thursday it would open a 25-city arena tour at Gila River Arena in Glendale on June 23. The band will be joined by Adam Lambert, an artist the group met while performing on “American Idol.”
Queen and Lambert have toured on and off together since meeting in 2009.
Tickets for the show go on sale Feb. 3 at 10 a.m. They will be available through Live Nation.
Members of both Queen’s and Lambert’s fan groups will be given access to a special presale on Jan. 31 at 10 a.m. People with an American Express Card will be given access to a different presale the same day that begins at noon.
For those willing to splash a little cash, VIP packages will be available through VIP Nation.
For Valley residents who are unable to squeeze the June 23 date into their calendars, the tour will make several stops that are a short flight away. Queen will be in Las Vegas on June 24, Los Angeles on June 26 and Denver on July 6.
- Silver Alert issued for missing man from Surprise
- Mountain Pointe teacher helping students at risk gets KTAR News award
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Phoenix ranks best city in nation for fall weather, survey finds
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports