Main Street Minute: Over a dozen companies to attend Phoenix hiring fair
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• More than 15 companies are taking part in a big hiring event Thursday at the Holiday Inn and Suites Phoenix Airport near 48th Street and University Drive and the Mesa Convention Center from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Positions in education, health care and communications are open.
• State Farm is holding a job fair at the Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel near 52nd Street and Broadway Road on Thursday and is offering full- and part-time positions. The job fair is from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• The New Jersey-based plastics manufacturer Inteplast Group is adding production workers at its Valley plant near 43rd Avenue and Buckeye Road. The Phoenix Business Journal reports that Inteplast is adding a second production line and 20 more workers to its current 39 employees in Phoenix. Inteplast has invested $20 million in the the Valley.
- Sen. John McCain reflects on brain cancer diagnosis on ’60 Minutes’
- Crash causes closure of eastbound Interstate 10 at I-17 in Phoenix
- Phoenix Sky Harbor ties for third-best ‘mega airport’ satisfaction rating
- Scientists: Desert turtle earns endangered status, 100 left in Arizona
- I-10 to be narrowed to one lane for nearly a week near Chandler