Phoenix-area firefighter dies in off-duty altercation
PHOENIX — A Phoenix-area firefighter was killed during an off-duty altercation over the weekend, authorities said.
Luke Jones, 37, of the Daisy Mountain Fire Department, died Saturday night, after a fight at a nightclub near 19th and Peoria avenues.
Phoenix Police said Jones’ death was being investigated as a homicide and that he had suffered injuries normally associated with an assault. No other details have been made available.
The fire department said in a Facebook post Jones was a 12-year veteran and was a married father of one child.
The Daisy Mountain Fire Department serves areas just north of Phoenix, including Anthem and New River.
- Two Fry’s employees in Arizona help customer avoid SRP scam
- Arizonans need to make $107K to be considered ‘rich,’ study finds
- U2 returns to Arizona for 30th anniversary ‘Joshua Tree’ concert
- Which city in Arizona is the worst to live in?
- Arizona officials seize malnourished horses from New River woman