Sections of State Route 51 scheduled to close Monday, Tuesday nights
Sections of State Route 51 will be closed Monday and Tuesday nights as crews install new traffic-flow sensors, the Arizona Department of Transportation said.
Southbound SR-51 will close from 9 p.m. Monday to 5 a.m. Tuesday between Thomas and McDowell roads. The closure will also close the on-ramp heading southbound at Indian School Road. Drivers can avoid the closed roads by taking southbound 16th or 24th streets.
From Tuesday at 9 p.m. to Wednesday at 5 a.m., southbound SR-51 will be shut down between McDowell Road and the Interstate 10/Loop 202 mini-stack. Southbound SR-51’s on-ramp at Thomas will also be closed during Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning.
The scheduled closures could be altered due to inclement weather.
- Hoover Dam bridge reopens after suspect in barricade incident arrested
- Chicago-based firm seeks to buy Arizona’s Navajo Generating Station
- Phoenix Fan Fest shuts down struggling event after four years
- Nightly closures of I-17 in northern Arizona to begin Tuesday
- Parts of northern Arizona forest to close this summer to prevent wildfires