Weather could affect scheduled freeway closures in the Phoenix area
PHOENIX — Many freeways in the Phoenix area endure closures or traffic delays because of scheduled construction over weekends. Most of the work is done overnight, so not too many people are affected.
This weekend however, those in the Phoenix area need to be aware that the scheduled closures could change or be postponed altogether due to the weather.
The Arizona Department of Transportation has scheduled work on many Valley freeways, so if the weather doesn’t become an issue, this is what you can expect:
- Eastbound U.S. 60 will be closed between Dobson and Alma School roads from 10 p.m. Saturday to noon on Sunday for traffic-flow detector installation. The north and southbound Loop 101 ramps to eastbound U.S. 60 will be closed, as will the eastbound U.S. 60 on-ramp at Dobson Road.
- Southbound State Route 51 will be closed between Indian School and Thomas roads from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for traffic-flow detector installation. The southbound SR 51 on-ramp at Highland Avenue will also be closed.
- Cotton Lane will be closed in both directions between Van Buren and Garfield streets from 10 p.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Sunday for construction at the future Loop 303 bridge over Van Buren Street.
For additional freeway-restriction information, click here.
- Suspect, officer injured in Phoenix shooting, police say
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Arizona schools chief Diane Douglas supports Board of Regents lawsuit
- Woman rescued from Camelback Mountain after getting lost on trail
- Phoenix police plan to search landfill for missing woman’s body