Dream on: Steven Tyler’s car will be on the auction block at Barrett-Jackson
PHOENIX — Many make the trip down to Scottsdale this time of year for the annual Barrett-Jackson auction, as car lovers alike adore over all of the variety up for sale, especially if there is a name behind the car.
Steven Tyler’s 2012 Hennessey Venom GT Spyder is on the block, with all of the proceeds set to go to Janie’s Fund, according to the Phoenix Business Journal. Janie’s Fund is Tyler’s charity group in benefit of abused girls.
Tyler is the lead singer of the musical group titled “Aerosmith.”
This year marks the 46th annual Barrett-Jackson auto auction, which is already underway at Westworld in Scottsdale near Bell Road and the Loop 101.
Tickets to the event start at $19 for adults, but can be higher depending on the day of the week. A weeklong pass is $175, but goes up to $190 if bought at the gate. Discounted tickets are available for children, seniors, students and members of the military.
VIP tickets are also available.
The auction generates millions of dollars for the Scottsdale area annually.
- Arizona residents have it rough when it comes to work commute
- Inmates, staff member injured after riot breaks out at Eloy prison
- Need an eye exam? Flying eye hospital touches down in Arizona
- Arizona bill to limited public funding for stadiums appears to have died
- New Westin hotel in downtown Tempe breaks ground