Dream on: Steven Tyler’s car will be on the auction block at Barrett-Jackson
PHOENIX — Many make the trip down to Scottsdale this time of year for the annual Barrett-Jackson auction, as car lovers alike adore over all of the variety up for sale, especially if there is a name behind the car.
Steven Tyler’s 2012 Hennessey Venom GT Spyder is on the block, with all of the proceeds set to go to Janie’s Fund, according to the Phoenix Business Journal. Janie’s Fund is Tyler’s charity group in benefit of abused girls.
Tyler is the lead singer of the musical group titled “Aerosmith.”
This year marks the 46th annual Barrett-Jackson auto auction, which is already underway at Westworld in Scottsdale near Bell Road and the Loop 101.
Tickets to the event start at $19 for adults, but can be higher depending on the day of the week. A weeklong pass is $175, but goes up to $190 if bought at the gate. Discounted tickets are available for children, seniors, students and members of the military.
VIP tickets are also available.
The auction generates millions of dollars for the Scottsdale area annually.
- Senate approves $716B defense bill named after Sen. John McCain
- Two suffer life-threatening injuries after car crashes into pole in Glendale
- College student paralyzed by rare disorder in Spain is back in Arizona
- Under hot Arizona sun, any metal can become a burn risk for kids
- More registered Democrats than Republicans in Arizona’s 1st district