Amber Alert cancelled for missing 15-year-old girl from Chandler
PHOENIX — An Amber Alert has been cancelled after a 15-year-old Native American girl who went missing from a Phoenix-area suburb was found Monday, Chandler Police said.
Police found Terrianne Brooks on the Navajo Reservation “in good health” after missing for nearly a week.
Terrianne was abducted on Jan. 10 from the 600 block of North Rita Lane in Chandler by Douglas Jones. Police said Jones is in custody.
Police did not disclose a relationship, if any, between Jones and Terrianne.
Terrianne is described as a 5’4″, 100-pound girl with black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing black jeans and a dark-colored jacket with a grey JanSport backpack.
Jones is described as 6-foot-tall, 230-pound Native American man with short, black hair and brown eyes. Police believed Jones was in possession of an AR-15 rifle, but did not know if he was in possession of a vehicle.
- Woman rescued from Camelback Mountain after getting lost on trail
- Phoenix police plan to search landfill for missing woman’s body
- Trump rally, protest in downtown cost Phoenix $450K in overtime pay
- Phoenix-based marijuana company plans to turn town into pot resort
- Phoenix is fastest-warming city in US, meteorologist says