Amber Alert cancelled for missing 15-year-old girl from Chandler
PHOENIX — An Amber Alert has been cancelled after a 15-year-old Native American girl who went missing from a Phoenix-area suburb was found Monday, Chandler Police said.
Police found Terrianne Brooks on the Navajo Reservation “in good health” after missing for nearly a week.
Terrianne was abducted on Jan. 10 from the 600 block of North Rita Lane in Chandler by Douglas Jones. Police said Jones is in custody.
Police did not disclose a relationship, if any, between Jones and Terrianne.
Terrianne is described as a 5’4″, 100-pound girl with black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing black jeans and a dark-colored jacket with a grey JanSport backpack.
Jones is described as 6-foot-tall, 230-pound Native American man with short, black hair and brown eyes. Police believed Jones was in possession of an AR-15 rifle, but did not know if he was in possession of a vehicle.
- Phoenix ranked among most affordable travel destinations in US
- Phoenix ISM Raceway dropped from IndyCar’s 2019 schedule
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix