Main Street Minute: Phoenix-area community opens new wine and beer bar
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Salut! Arcadia has a new wine and beer bar, The Phoenix Business Journal reports. The Whining Pig just opened its third Valley location near 40th Street and Indian School Road. The bar also plans on opening a fourth location at the end of March in downtown Phoenix.
• A sporting program in Mesa will now get the opportunity to expand, thanks to a new grant. The City of Mesa, Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities Youth Sports programs received a $20,000 grant to implement a youth ambassador program designed to engage youth leaders for health and wellness among their peers.
• Banner Health plans to purchase a Tucson home health agency later this month, according to a news release. Upon completion of the sale, Banner will assume 100 percent ownership of SunLife Home Health’s business and will transition its operations, which include services such as physical and speech therapy, into Banner Home Care.
- Woman rescued from Camelback Mountain after getting lost on trail
- Phoenix police plan to search landfill for missing woman’s body
- Trump rally, protest in downtown cost Phoenix $450K in overtime pay
- Phoenix-based marijuana company plans to turn town into pot resort
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95