Double rainbows, cloudy weather make for stunning images around Phoenix
Maybe Phoenicians miss the sun shining bright, but a few days of clouds and a little bit of wet weather is worth the images those in the Valley took in over the weekend.
On Saturday, drizzle in the Phoenix area made for double rainbows that could be seen around the metro area and Camelback Mountain. On Sunday, cloudy weather made for stunning photographs around the Valley and beyond, such as east of town at and around the Superstition Mountains.
Here is a collection of images from the weekend taken by Instagram users who caught the beautiful — and unusually cloudy — weather from Phoenix.
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix
- Phoenix needs more bottled water to help battle summer heat
- Phoenix City Council votes to look at other designs for light-rail expansion
- Grocery chain Safeway closing two Phoenix-area stores
- US Marshals in Phoenix warn of nationwide phone scam