Parts of Phoenix-area freeway to close overnight during week of Jan. 16
PHOENIX — Several sections of State Route 51 will close overnight during the week of Jan 16, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The freeway will be closed to allow for crews to install of new traffic-flow detectors. Transportation officials said the closures are subject to change, due to a possible rainstorm in the Valley this weekend.
• Northbound SR 51 will be closed between Bethany Home Road and Glendale Avenue from 9 p.m. Monday to 5 a.m. Tuesday. Northbound SR 51 on-ramps at Indian School Road and Colter Street will also be closed.
• Southbound SR 51 will be closed between Glendale Avenue and Bethany Home Road from 9 p.m. Tuesday to 5 a.m. Wednesday. Southbound SR 51 on-ramps at Northern Avenue will also be closed.
• Southbound SR 51 will be closed between Bethany Home Road and Highland Avenue from 9 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday. Southbound SR 51 on-ramp at Glendale Avenue will also be closed.
• Southbound SR 51 will be closed between Colter Street and Highland Avenue from 9 p.m. Thursday to 5 a.m. Friday. Southbound SR 51 on-ramp at Bethany Home Road will also be closed.
- Phoenix-area mayors ready to join forces to land Amazon headquarters
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Book tells stories of retired numbers of Arizona high school athletes
- Brews and views: Thrillist names the Phoenix area’s best rooftop bars
- New book explores retired numbers of Arizona high school athletes