Phoenix-area school to hold mock disaster drill Friday morning
PHOENIX — If you witness a disaster drill at a Phoenix-area high school on Friday morning, don’t panic.
Mountain Ridge High School in Glendale will conduct its annual mock disaster drill from 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Friday, according to a press release.
The press release said that those in the area will notice “increased activity” during these hours, including fire trucks, ambulances and a medical evacuation helicopter that will circle the school before landing on the football field.
School officials said the drill is an “exceptional educational experience” for high school students who will need to know how to respond in an emergency.
- Phoenix ranked among most affordable travel destinations in US
- Phoenix ISM Raceway dropped from IndyCar’s 2019 schedule
- Arizona woman accused of faking kidnapping, killing boyfriend
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend