Phoenix-area school to hold mock disaster drill Friday morning
PHOENIX — If you witness a disaster drill at a Phoenix-area high school on Friday morning, don’t panic.
Mountain Ridge High School in Glendale will conduct its annual mock disaster drill from 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Friday, according to a press release.
The press release said that those in the area will notice “increased activity” during these hours, including fire trucks, ambulances and a medical evacuation helicopter that will circle the school before landing on the football field.
School officials said the drill is an “exceptional educational experience” for high school students who will need to know how to respond in an emergency.
- Jams cause jammed roads: U2 to snarl Phoenix traffic on Tuesday
- U2 returns to Arizona for 30th anniversary ‘Joshua Tree’ concert
- Arizona prosecutor outlines case as Morris twins’ assault trial begins
- Art of Ice Cream Experience coming to Scottsdale in November
- Chinese community in Phoenix is fighting back for its cultural center