Bad luck: Valley freeway, street to be closed, restricted during Friday the 13th weekend
PHOENIX — Even though it is Friday the 13th, avoid bad luck on the road with these freeway restrictions. Several Phoenix-area freeways will be closed or restricted during the weekend of Jan. 13, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
• Interstate 10 will be closed briefly in both directions near 71st Avenue in west Phoenix from 4 a.m. to 9 a.m. Saturday for utility work. The westbound I-10 on-ramp at 67th Avenue and the eastbound on-ramps at 75th and 79th avenues will be closed until the utility work is completed.
• Grand Avenue will be narrowed to one lane in each direction at times between Dysart and Litchfield roads from 9 p.m. Sunday to 9 p.m. Thursday for paving work as part of Bell Road interchange construction project.
A California storm is expected to bring rain to the Valley and snow to Arizona’s high country. Follow KTAR News at 92.3 FM for the latest traffic updates.
- Border Patrol rescues young Costa Rican boy in Arizona
- Phoenix City Council votes to ‘pause’ south-central light rail expansion
- Where do Arizona politicians stand on Trump’s family separation policy?
- Arizona health officials warn about rise in animal rabies cases
- County officials declare missing boy’s cause of death as ‘undetermined’