Paving project to cause traffic slowdown on I-17 north of Phoenix
PHOENIX — Some drivers heading from Phoenix to Flagstaff on I-17 should get ready for some traffic slowdowns for the next two months.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said alternating northbound lane restrictions will be in place between New River and Coldwater Canyon roads in Black Canyon City for a repaving project. The restrictions will be in place overnight.
ADOT said that crews have completed the southbound lanes and began working on the northbound lanes this week.
Crews will also close the on- and off-ramps at Table Mesa Road to repave during the hours of 6:30 p.m. and 6 a.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The $10.8 million pavement project this will remove an existing layer of pavement and repave it with a new layer of smooth, rubberized asphalt. The project is set to be finished by summer.
Drivers should use caution through the work zone and watch out for construction workers and machinery.
- Interstate 10 eastbound in Phoenix reopens after fatal multivehicle crash
- Crews fully contain 377 Fire in northeast-central Arizona
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over Memorial Day weekend
- 6-car morning crash closes stretch of US 60 eastbound in Mesa
- I-10 in west Phoenix to be closed this weekend for Loop 202 work